Books and Gifts
Eventually, life just got in the way. By the 1980s, my Mother and I were both working full-time. Now I had my own child and life kept both of us too busy to continue with everything we loved to do. She continued to crochet and do a few things. I focused on my career and went to culinary school to fuel my passion for cooking.
Flash forward to 2013. I started to develop environmental allergies to just about everything. By 2014, I was looking for more natural products. Everything had detergents in them or ingredients that I couldn’t pronounce or knew what they were.
While searching the internet, I came across a few people making their own soap. Still not having that much time, I purchased a few and remembered the soaps I made years ago. Now these soaps were beautiful with swirls and skin loving oils and butters.
As bad luck happens, I lost my job in 2015. I immediately started taking herbalism courses and making my own soaps and bath and body products. I started selling under Pure Perfection Skin Care, but felt something was missing. I then re-branded to Woodland Apothecary®. A name that embodies everything about nature, herbalism, aromatherapy and getting back to basics and wildcrafting, with a little fairy dust and magic sprinkled in.
In addition to the products we make, we have carefully sourced some enchanting and soul providing products to make your shopping experience complete.
At Woodland Apothecary, we carefully select ethical suppliers to ensure we are using the most pure and eco-friendly ingredients available. Each product has been carefully formulated and tested.
We invite you to explore our products and believe that the high quality of our products will have you enjoying them as much as we do.
About Our Products:
We offer several different lines of handcrafted soaps, candles, herbal culinary creations and bath & body products using high, quality ingredients.
- Our Vegan soaps include generous amounts of premium vegetable oils and luscious fruit or nut butters.
- Our Soy Candles are 100% Pesticide and GMO free.
- Our products may include carefully selected botanicals or ingredients for gentle exfoliation.
- Our herbal tea blends contain organically-grown, non-GMO ingredients.
- We only use essential oils or premium fragrances that are phthalate and paraben free.
- Our skin-safe ingredients are listed on our website and on the products you purchase.
- Our soaps are always synthetic detergent free.